Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nursery 2.0

Although I was pretty excited about nursery 1.0, the design has been revamped into nursery 2.0!  (Y'all didn't really think I would be satisfied with my first design, did you?)  :-)  Hours more on the internet, and we've got our final game plan.  The impetus for the change was finding The.Perfect.Crib.  I was all about my white Target crib for a while... until I saw this one.  We were registering at Buy Buy Baby, and we both fell in love with the Bassett Baby "Ava" crib they had on display.  It has an elegant, unique back piece, and it's the most beautiful dove gray - perfect for our nursery colors!  As my mother-in-law pointed out, it's "fit for a princess".  So, yeah, we had to get it.  We also got the matching dresser.  Since we essentially swapped white furniture for gray, I had to nix my gray rug and gray glider.  That's a lot of gray.  I went back the drawing board and decided on a lighter shade of pink for the rug, a lighter shade of yellow for pillows and accessories, a gray damask ottoman, and a cream-colored glider.  We are so excited about how it's coming along!  Everything looks fabulous against the pale yellow walls we already have - "whisper yellow" from Behr.  The pieces are coming in slowly one at a time, so there's not much to see quite yet.  I'll be sure to post actual pics soon, but here are the new inspiration boards!


1::  Ava crib from Bassett at Buy Buy Baby
2::  Mia chandelier from Pottery Barn Kids (probably won't get this until we move in May, though)
3::  Trellis Moroccan rug in Bubblegum from RugStudio
4::  Rockabye glider in Buckwheat from Target
5::  Gray modern damask pouf ottoman from Zeldabelle on Etsy
6::  Ava dresser from Bassett at Buy Buy Baby
8::  Gray and yellow zig zag bedding from Carousel Designs

Smaller touches:

1::  White picture ledges for displaying books from Amazon
2::  Custom wooden monogram from Charming Little Nest on Etsy (We need to name her first!)
3::  Handmade flag banner in our colors and patterns made by my mama!  (Pic is just an example - mine will be pink dots, yellow chevron, and gray chevron.)
4::  Handmade yellow chevron pillow for the glider made by my mama!  (Pic is just an example - mine will be rectangle and a lighter yellow chevron pattern.)
5::  Mirrored lamp base with yellow shade from Target for side table
6::  Mercury glass lamp base with natural shade from Homegoods for changing table
7::  Toddler chair / rocker from Homegoods (You can't tell in the picture, but it's mini and so cute!)

Random Extras:


1::  In terms of other touches, I'm not doing a theme, but I have fallen in love with the cute owls that I've seen everywhere.  I bought this super soft stuffed owl at Pier 1.
2::  I also picked up this white owl figurine from Marshall's for the side table.
3:: I found these cute soft-sided Paris bins at Marshall's - perfect solution for chic organization in the closet!

I'm planning on the following DIY projects:
1::  Pink felt flowers for natural lamp shade
2::  Hand painted canvas with owl and Baby N's name
3::  Canvas with wooden letters spelling out a verse

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's gonna be gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it all comes together!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs