Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lunch Love

As much as I love being a teacher, I do NOT love lunch. Lunch as a teacher is a hurried 25 minute affair involving waiting in line for a microwave, sitting at cafeteria tables with kids, monitoring the lunch line, and scarfing down your food in less than five minutes before you have to teach again. It's not glamorous. I know all you business people out there are taking luxurious hour long lunch breaks eating good food at good restaurants with good friends. And that's why we teachers are insanely jealous! I try to be creative, but my lunches usually consist of leftovers, a sandwich, or a Lean Cuisine. Needless to say, when I have a day off, I want to eat a good lunch! I usually like to go out, but if I can't, I like to make myself a really nice lunch. Today was such a day, and I decided to make myself a fresh salad. I tossed together butter lettuce, chopped red and yellow tomatoes, and avocado with a little ginger dressing to make the salad. Then I added a crab cake from Whole Foods. Delicious! Instead of monitoring children, I sat on the couch and watched DVR-ed So You Think You Can Dance. And it took me more than 5 minutes to eat, thankyouverymuch!

Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you fancy pants!! Dinner was so fun Monday night! Come back more often. :) XOXO

Elicia said...

When I'm home I like to make a nice sandwich with good cheese, avocado, tomato, etc! Much better than a hurried lunch at work. Your salad looks good!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs