Thursday, October 8, 2009

Salty Sweet Goodness

Now that we live in Humble, we live right next to a Wal-Mart. I've always been more of a Target kind of girl, but I've learned to shop at Wal-Mart when necessary. On a recent shopping trip, I found a wonderful little gourmet gem amongst the 40 lb. logs of ground beef and frozen taquitos. I found the BEST ICE CREAM IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. This claim has been independently verified by my husband who agrees that the ice cream is indeed the best in the entire world.

May I introduce... Haagen Dazs "Reserve" Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream. This is a salty ice cream. Sounds weird, but suspend your disbelief because it is ridiculously delicious. Imagine a creamy caramel ice cream with a hint of saltiness in the actual ice cream. It's salty enough that you can absolutely taste the salt, but it's not overwhelming. There is a caramel ribbon running through the ice cream with even more salt that just makes the caramel flavor come to life. It is intensely delicious. Then, as if that wasn't enough, there are itty bitty chocolate covered caramel candies throughout the ice cream. Like three per spoonful. The caramels are not frozen. They are perfectly soft. It's like a miracle.

This ice cream only comes in the small pint packages, and that's probably a good thing. I eat one small scoop a day in a small ramekin dish, and it is just perfect. You really don't need more than that.

I HIGHLY recommend you pick some up on your next grocery shopping trip. You may or may not want to hide it from your husband. Because now I have to buy twice as much. Just get past your fear of salty ice cream and try it. You will be glad you did. And if you don't like it, more for me! It is "reserve" which makes me nervous that it's a limited edition and won't be around forever. Enjoy it while you can, people!

Katie

1 comment:

Wendy and Luke said...

So, after reading this I couldn't stop thinking about it for about 24 hours. Yesterday I went and bought one. Thanks, I ate the whole thing in 2 sittings and am now living with the guilt.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs