Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Spot of Tea

Yesterday we did a fun activity with our class. We had a "Character Tea Party". The kids just finished reading novels in literature circle groups, so they each chose one character to become for the tea party. At the tea party, students dressed like their character (or brought a prop), talked like the character, thought like the character, and acted like the character. They introduced themselves, asked questions, and discussed issues in the novel all while portraying their character. It was really fun! The kids had a great time and enjoyed seeing our classroom set up for the "party". The tea was lemonade and the scones were peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The kids left our class hyped up on sugar, but at least they were doing some good practice with point of view and characterization! The only thing that wasn't fun was the fact that I was sick the whole time and went home right after it was over. I'm home sick today, but I thought I'd share some of the pictures of our party with you!







Katie

1 comment:

Haley said...

Katie, I LOVE reading your blog - it makes me smile every time.

You are amazing and wonderful, and I look up to (I always have!) as an amazing example of a phenomenal teacher, wife, follower of Christ and a friend.

I am sending you a huge heap of love from Africa!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs