Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Best Salad Ever

Hold the presses.  Close Pinterest.  Turn off Food Network.  Alert Facebook. 

You can stop searching for the perfect salad recipe.
I have found it.  
That's right:  This is the best salad in the entire world!

I may be a little biased, but I've made quite a few salads in my day, and this one is officially the best.  It is tangy, spicy, savory, crunchy, chewy, satisfying, healthy, easy, and beautiful.  I know there are plenty of versions of this salad out there and some you can even get at Wendy's.  I'm pretty sure that this one is better, and you feel good about what's in it when you make it yourself.

I saw a similar recipe on Pinterest, and I adapted it.  I've eaten this for lunch two days now, and it will be a lunch staple from now on.  It's ridiculously easy, and you can cook up the chicken & pasta at the beginning of the week to keep in the fridge so you can throw together a salad every day in less than 5 minutes.  Here's how.

Katie's Chinese Chicken Salad


In a large bowl, toss together the following.  It's your salad, so you get to decide how much of each component you want.
  • Sliced romaine (I like to slice mine myself rather than using those huge bagged leaves)
  • Cooked pasta (I used gemelli - you can use anything you have  on hand)
  • Diced broiled chicken breast (simply broiled with olive oil, salt, & pepper)
  • Sliced green onions
  • Diced cucumber
  • Crispy wonton strips (found bagged in the produce section)
  • Sliced almonds
  • Jarred mandarin orange segments (opt for the no sugar added kind)

Then, add the best salad dressing ever (Newman's Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger)

To finish it off, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Why not?  
Join me in salad heaven!!!  So good!!

2 comments:

Mindy Rives said...

I cannot wait to try this!!! All ingredients are on my next grocery list!!!!!

Liz Mazz said...

This looks so yummo and I have been looking for a salad recipe with pasta in it. Can you help a sister out and tell me how I broil chicken?

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs