Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Target is my True Love

A while back, I did a post entitled Hobby Lobby is my Homeland. Well, if Hobby Lobby is my homeland, then Target is my true love. I could spend many blog post extolling the virtues of Target, but this time I'd like to focus on the clothes. I have always loved Target clothes. Granted, sometimes they are cheap and ugly. But if you look long enough, you will find a gem! My family and friends have long joked that I have some kind of special Target powers. I always seem to find things there that no one else can find. Target has a pretty quick inventory turnover, and every Target store has different items. This makes shopping difficult. You pretty much have to go the week they put it out, or it's gone. The funny thing is that I don't actually go to Target that much... maybe once a month. But I never walk out empty handed. That's why Brent is probably glad I only go once a month. Last Saturday, I went in for some Glade plug-ins for my classroom. I came out with.... um, two full outfits. I thought I'd share my great buys with you here!

How cute and spring-like is this little skirt? It's got pink and orange diamonds and, if you ask me, looks like it is from Banana Republic. Pretty sure you won't find a skirt like this at Banana for $25.

With the skirt, you're going to want an adorable little tank and sweater. I love these Merona tanks - they are form fitting but not tight, long enough, and have a cute little ruffle around the neck.

This Mossimo Supply sweater is perfect for summer... it covers you up like a cardigan, but has short sleeves. The texture and buttons are fun details. The beige color of the sweater matches the skirt perfectly.
On to the next outfit... I love this print Merona dress also for only $25... it's got a modern looking pattern of dots and stripes in a purple / navy pattern. It looks adorable with...

This fantastic gold belt that was on sale for $9! Yes, please.
I did not buy the following two items, but had I seen them, I would have! For you, my faithful readers, I bring you: A soft, swingy cardigan
And a precious little pink rosette tee.

For those of you that made it to the end of this post, I have a bonus for you. I want to brag for just a tiny little second about the progress I've made eating healthy and working out. As my friend Lora says, "Maybe all that crazy exercise calendar stuff really works!"

Here is a picture of me from two years ago. I won't even tell you what size that dress is.
For the last 8 months or so, I have been working really hard at eating healthy and working out hard and a lot. I have been a faithful boot camp attender! Here is me this morning before work in my new Target outfit. I am so proud of myself! That is a size six pencil skirt, people!!! Yay!
Katie

6 comments:

The Womacks said...

you look so adorable KT! working out and eating healthy is paying off AND you're enjoying it. :)

AmberKoren said...

Congrats!!! Haven't posted in a while but way to go on the goal!

Liz said...

You go girl! You're ALWAYS beautiful and precious to me, but I'm proud of you for sticking to your goals. :) xoxoxo

keely said...

Way to go girl!!! You look adorable, as always! And oh my gosh, that outfit! I love those tanks - I'm not a tank-lover, but I might have to try one!

STYLED: the how to's said...

Loves it!
Great job on the working out! You look fab! In your defense, those bridesmaids dresses were NOT true to size!!!
A late apology to my bridesmaids for the kick to the self esteem.

Unknown said...

You look amazing!! Congratulations!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs